WHAT IS BOCCE?
Bocce is a traditional Italian sport played with eight large balls and one smaller target or object ball called il pallino. There are 4 balls to a side, or team, and they are made in two colors to distinguish the balls of one team from the 4 balls of the opposing team.
1. Flip a coin or randomly decide which team gets to throw out il pallino and select ball color
2. Winner of coin toss throws out il pallino into a prescribed zone
3. After il pallino is successfully thrown, the same player must throw out the first bocce ball
4. Let the second team bowl their bocce balls until the point is taken or they have used all 4 balls
5. The first team gets to continue bowling all their remaining bocce balls
6. Allow the team who hasn’t completed their throws to bowl out
7. Measure which team’s bocce is closest to il pallino
8. Score one point for each ball from the winning team that is closer than the closest ball of the other team
9. Switch ends on the bocce court and play another frame
10. Continue playing until a team gets 12 points